GET THE NUTRITION ADVANTAGE
Are you wondering how to become an endurance athlete?
Do you seek to know what an athlete needs in their diet?
Have you seen symptoms in your life that make you wonder if you are not eating enough or eating too much or eating the wrong thing?
Do you want to know how much protein is the right amount?
Are you wondering about the best things to eat on game day?
MY AREAS OF FOCUS
Performance nutrition is much more than just “game day”, it is a fuel plan to ensure that you are replenishing each and every day. Proper fueling helps decrease injury risk, increase stamina & strength and heightened reaction time.
I will help you:
- Assess your nutrition needs and make a plan that works for your unique needs
- Develop a fueling & hydration plan for on & off season
- Tackle nutritional challenges affecting your performance (such as travel, overtraining, GI disturbances & anemia)
- Guide your injury recovery with nutrition support
- Supplement review & guidance
Together WE will determine your goals and how to implement small, realistic changes. I can help you balance your life using the principles of WellNESS ensuring one is getting adequate: Nutrition, Exercise, Sleep & Stress tolerance.
I specialize in the following areas:
- Meal Planning and Grocery Shopping
- Help explore your natural weight
- Help explore the power of food as medicine
- Tips for Eating Out
- Questions about Supplements
- Intuitive / Mindful Eating
- Eating on a Budget
Sometimes when athletes go into overdrive they find themselves in unhealthy food behaviors. I will help you have the right mind about food, eating, body, and sports performance and equip you with tools to support your journey.
- Reframe your relationship with food, body image, exercise, and/or weight
- Balance the teeter-totter of fuel (carbohydrates, proteins, and endurance fuels/fats) and when to fuel
- Overcome urges to restrict, binge or purge before, during or after a meal
- Confront specific food fears
- Feel comfortable eating around others
This package is for groups of athletes or coaches that want to have the right perspective on the upcoming sports season. You will be provided with tools and resources to set your team in the right direction.
You will learn:
- How your body uses protein and nutrients during training
- The best way to feed your performance before, during and after game
- What is RED-S and how to notice the symptoms
- The keys to energy balancing
How it works
During the initial one-hour consultation. Relevant nutrition, behavior training, and medical information will be obtained. Together WE will determine your goals and how to implement small, realistic changes. Basic nutrition education is provided and a meal plan may be designed if indicated. If there is a medical provider or team member (therapist, coach, athletic trainer) I will coordinate care and communication.
During half hour follow-up sessions, goals will be reviewed and further recommendations may be provided. Remembering all along this is a process and a journey!